[GNC] Tax report options

Ken Farley farleykj at gmail.com
Sun May 14 19:01:08 EDT 2023

Why yes, John, that's exactly it. I've only owned foreign stocks in
mutual funds (and ETFs). So if you ask me right now, almost halfway
through the year, how much foreign taxes I've paid or had paid for me, I
just shrug. I won't know until next February. Oddly enough, one of the
past letters I've gotten from the IRS was not a "you botched this, and
owe us" but rather "you missed this and we owe you". All part of the
Byzantine puzzle we are forced to endure every year, I suppose.