[GNC] [Finance-quote-news] Finance-Quote 1.56 released!

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Tue May 30 16:35:23 EDT 2023

On 5/30/23 12:59 PM, Vincent Lucarelli wrote:

> You can verify that by setting the environment variable DEBUG=1 and
> repeating the gnucash-cli command.  You should see the AlphaVantage
> key error.

> I don’t think we’ve clearly documented this requirement anywhere and
> maybe we should change the code to error out only if currency
> conversion is actually necessary and the Currency module API key
> isn’t set.  We can move this part of the discussion to our GitHub
> project.

Skipping the currency conversion when it's not needed does indeed sound
like a good idea. And as long as Yahoo does not block the
query1.finance.yahoo.com/v11/finance/... URL, there is now a
CurrencyRates::YahooJSON currency module. Not sure if want to make it
the default, but currently users can set an environment variable "export
FQ_CURRENCY=YahooJSON" to use it instead of AlphaVantage.

Thanks.

Bruce S.