[GNC] [Finance-quote-news] Finance-Quote 1.56 released!

Vincent Lucarelli vincent.lucarelli at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:59:53 EDT 2023

This error is rooted in needing an AlphaVantage API key for any FQ fetch because that’s the default Currency module and the code is setup to ensure we can do a currency conversion if needed.

You can verify that by setting the environment variable DEBUG=1 and repeating the gnucash-cli command.  You should see the AlphaVantage key error.

I don’t think we’ve clearly documented this requirement anywhere and maybe we should change the code to error out only if currency conversion is actually necessary and the Currency module API key isn’t set.  We can move this part of the discussion to our GitHub project.

Best,

Vince