[GNC] Editable and Non-Editable Transactions in the same register

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Nov 20 18:54:18 EST 2023

I'm not sure how you got to an 'edit payment' without first having a
bill or invoice posted that the payment was applied to. It should only
show that option if it has already been processed. Otherwise, it would
say 'Assign as payment'.

Note, while you can certainly make manual transactions of bills,
invoices and payments, the Business Features can't see them. They can
only see what you process through them. That is, set up Vendors,
Customers, enter Bills and Invoices, Post them, and Process Payment for
them.

As far as GnuCash is concerned, anything done manually is like any other
transaction. There is nothing special about it. It would no more be
recognized as a bill, invoice, or payment than would any other random
transaction.

Also in that screenshot, you entered a 'customer' called 'General
Support' which shows no documents for them. (that is, you don't have
posted and unpaid invoices for this 'General Support' customer.)

Perhaps read over the Tutorial & Concepts Guide concerning using the
Business Features before proceeding.

Regards,
Adrien