[GNC] Can I produce a trial balance as a simple CSV file?

David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 07:58:32 EST 2023

I was a bit concerned about the complexity of the CSV files exported from
GnuCash, since they contain information my accountant does not want. I
wrote to him and received this as a response (slightly edited from his
reply)

*Thank you for your email. Do not worry about sending me over complicated
CSV files - we are very used to this. *

*The way in which we normally work is that a client sends across the trial
balance, we make relevant adjustments to which we use for the accounts and
send these adjustments back to you to make within your software. *

I can see I can produce the trial balance as a PDF, but I can't see a way
to convert it to a CSV file, which I think he would prefer. I can find
online converters for this, but can't see an open-source project to do it.
There are sufficiently few entries that I could do this myself in a
spreadsheet, but it would be a bit tedious.

--
Dr David Kirkby Ph.D
Kirkby Microwave Ltd
Email: drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Web: https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 07910 441670 (UK) or +44 7910 441670 (international)
Registered in England and Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office: Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Essex, CM3 6DT