[GNC] Australian Accountants familiar with GNUCash

Alan Hopkins hoppo52 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 23:43:32 EDT 2023

   Hello Michael
   That's a very common story with accountants in Australia these days -
   they have often put themselves into a relationship with Xero, MYOB or
   Reckon and prefer you to use "their" system.
   Unfortunately, I don't know of the existence of any such list
   I know an accountant who has, for at least one business, accepted
   printed P&L & Balance Sheet from a 2002 version of Quickbooks together
   with end of year bank statements - he has never wanted to get the info
   on disk/USB as his lackies just enter the financial data (from P&L &
   Balance Sheet) into their software and check bank balances etc, so the
   same should be achievable for GNUCash.  Other documentation such as a
   Trial Balance (to show accounts are balanced) can also be easily
   generated from GNUCash.
   I also know a small not-for-profit charity that keeps their books with
   GNUCash and it is perfectly acceptable for their situation - with that
   one, however, I happen to be acting as their accountant! (this is not a
   commercial for my services by the way!)
   Keep in mind that you might be able to export the financial data in a
   form which the accountant could then import into her/his software, so
   it might be worth asking her/him what format is acceptable - that way
   you may avoid labour charges for keying in data.
   Perhaps you might need to look for another, possibly small, accountancy
   firm?
   Sorry I couldn't be of more help - someone like Flywire might have
   suggestions for you or know of such a list.
   Good luck!
   Cheers
   Hop