[GNC] Running mixed versions (okay?)

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 11:01:51 EST 2024

So I have wonderful GnuCash installed on WIndows 10, on an M1 iMac, and on
Linux (Ubuntu 22.04LTS).

I mostly use the iMac and Windows versions, and I've always kept these two
versions in sync; that is, when I decided to upgrade to 5.1, I install 5.1
back-to-back on the iMac and Windows computers... mostly this was due to a
fear of corrupting the data files by running different versions.

But lately, and from education reading this list, I am thinking that the
data file format doesn't change, and the GnuCash version is more like a
"shell" around which the data file is operated upon, so maybe it's okay to
have Linux at 4.8 and Windows at 5.5-1 and iMac at 5.3.

But I thought I'd run it by this group to see what people think.

Thanks!

--
Richard Losey
rlosey at gmail.com