[GNC] Consolidated billing of two credit cards

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 11:54:30 EDT 2024

I have two credit cards from the same bank, which were previously
handled completely separately and are therefor represented by separate
accounts in GnuCash.

Now the bank has consolidated the statements, but not completely.  There
is now a sinlge statement, but the charges and balance due are listed
and summed up separateky for each card.

However, the total due for both cards is now applied as a single charge
to my bank account. Because of the separate totals on the statement, it
is still convenient to reconcile the two credit card accounts separately.

However, this results in two separate charges to the GnuCash bank
account, which I then have to mentally add together to reconcile the
bank account.

This has led me to consider merging the two credit card accounts in
GnuCash.  How easy is this?  Will this really make things easier, or am
I better off sticking with the status quo?

Thanks in advance for any tips!