[GNC] PPA vs. Flatpak Questions

Stephen M. Butler stephen.m.butler51 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:00:22 EDT 2026


On 7/8/26 18:53, Bruce Schuck wrote:
> On Sat Jun 6 16:15:59 EDT 2026, Bruce S wrote:
>
> > <<snip>>
> > Myself, while I am familiar with creating custom ".deb" packages
> > (I do
> > this in my day job for some in-house applications), I have yet to
> > tackle the details of creating ppa packages. My goal is to not depend
> > on Panda Jim, but to assist in filling in the gaps while he is busy
> > with other applications (he does contribute quite a bit to other
> > applications).
>
> <<snip>>
> For those running Ubuntu 24.04, there is a GnuCash 5.16 release in the 
> ppa:gnucash/ppa. Additionally, you should find GnuCash 5.16 for Ubuntu 
> 20.04, 22.04, and 24.04 in my ppa:bpschuck/testppa PPA (as of this 
> email the 20.04 (aka focal) is waiting for the Launchpad build queue.
>
> For those that don't want to build their own GnuCash from source, or 
> use a FlatPak, give these a test run. I've only done some minimal 
> testing of the 5.16 on Ubuntu 24.04 version.

What about Ubuntu 26.04?


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list