[GNC] Gnucash on IOS :-) [yes, really :-) ]
Jim DeLaHunt
list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Fri Jul 10 02:29:21 EDT 2026
On 2026-07-08 14:21, Chris Graves wrote (with a smiley):
> Who knows what our wizard devs have up their sleeves…
>
> So I’m going through my Apple Silicon based Mac’s System Report looking in the Applications section for “Intel” apps that I’ll need to address (since from what I’ve read, Intel apps are not going to be functional on the upcoming MacOS 27.) To my surprise, Gnucash is listed as an IOS app.
>
> It’s probably a packaging issue, but it’s fun to think about what the future could have in store.
And then On 2026-07-09 10:31, David G. Pickett via gnucash-user hijacked
the thread with:
> I installed gnucash mobile on my iphone but it does not allow me to point it to the gnucash files on my G Drive.
…and dropped the smiley. And several people pointed out that anything
named "gnucash" on an iPhone is not the GnuCash project's GnuCash. And
the resulting thread completely overlooked what Chris Graves correctly
pointed out.
Chris is right! Gnucash is indeed listed as an IOS app! On my macOS
machine with an Apple Silicon chip, in the Mac's System Report, the
GnuCash project's GnuCash app for macOS, which we all know and love and
discuss on this list, does indeed appear with "Kind: iOS":
> Version: 5.16-3
> Obtained from: Identified Developer
> Last Modified: 2026-07-03, 14:47
> Kind: iOS
> Signed by: Developer ID Application: John D Ralls (Y9EHT5WMK7),
> Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
> Location: /Applications/Gnucash.app
> Get Info String: Gnucash version 5.16-3 © 2026 GnucashContributors
I count 34 apps of "Kind: iOS" on my Mac, include Adobe Illustrator
2026, GitHub Desktop, PyCharm, Slack, and Wireshark. Other values for
"Kind" are "Apple Silicon", "Intel", "Universal", "Other", and more.
So, right you are, Chris! What a fun observation!
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list