[GNC] Gnucash on IOS :-) [yes, really :-) ]
Kalpesh Patel
kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Sun Jul 12 18:56:24 EDT 2026
I am not too familiar with Control Program/Monitor of yester year if that is what you are referring to, but I'd love to see it running on GEOS on Commodore 64 at any time ...
-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Schuck <bschuck at asgard-systems.com>
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2026 8:55 PM
To: GnuCash User eMail List <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Gnucash on IOS :-) [yes, really :-) ]
John notes "I found an Apple Developer Forums exchange that reveals an Info.plist entry that should get it to say Apple Silicon that I’ll add for the next release.".
That is because iOS should *NOT* be confused with macOS (formerly known as OS X). They are two different operating systems. I believe most people in the IT field will usually be careful to note iOS for iPhone OS and either OSX or macOS when referring to the operating system of a Mac or MacBook. They should not be used interchangeably. When I see "iOS" I think iPhone.
Don't believe me, plus "Are macOS and iOS the same?" into your favorite search engine or AI.
ChatGPT responds with
https://chatgpt.com/s/t_6a5191fbff648191a919928f6bd436eb. The first line of its response is:
"No. macOS and iOS are different operating systems, though they are both developed by Apple Inc. and share many underlying technologies."
Technically, that means GnuCash is NOT on iOS.
Ambiguity can be a real pain and cause much confusion. I often tell coworkers when they are creating documentation to "assume your audience are idiots", and to minimize ambiguity. Leave something that's not clear, 4 different people will interpret it 8 different ways... <snicker>
But my real question is, will GnuCash be made available for CP/M systems?
Bruce S
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list