[GNC] Stock sell/buy
David T.
sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 23:41:56 EDT 2026
That's odd.
I just tried, and confirm it doesn't show the exchange rate dialog, and you can't edit the exchange rate using the Actions->Edit Exchange Rate option on the resulting transaction, either.
You can, as you've noted, open the destination account and edit the number of shares entry for the destination account and recalculate the share price. Which is apparently how it's meant to go at this time. Annoying, perhaps, but not hugely onerous.
I suspect that the exchange rate logic requires a currency on one side of the exchange, and I'm sure there's some logical reasoning behind it. I don't know what that reasoning is or might be, however.
David T.
On July 26, 2026 8:41:04 AM GMT+05:30, Fred Tydeman <tydeman.fred at gmail.com> wrote:
>There was no popup for exchange rate.
>
>On Sun, Jul 26, 2026 at 10:09 AM David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> What did you answer on the exchange rate dialog for that transaction?
>>
>>
>> On July 26, 2026 8:04:02 AM GMT+05:30, Fred Tydeman <
>> tydeman.fred at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Attached is a screen shot of two transactions where I sold some of an ETF
>>> and sent the proceeds to the money market account.
>>> The sale on 7/23 shows the money market price as 1.00 (after I manually
>>> fixed it).
>>> The sale on 7/26 was a test done today to see what it would do.
>>> The price and share amount for the money market are wrong.
>>> I notice that the money market share amount on 7/26 is the same as on 7/23
>>> (which makes no sense).
>>>
>>>
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list