[GNC] Best way to track expenses for trips

Patrick James patrickjames14 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 27 17:26:43 EDT 2026


Assuming "per individual trip" is about many trips and not many people, akin to "separate by a given trip," I would add the trip date and descriptor in the description of every expense.

For example, I might add "2026_02 Vancouver BC -- " to each description, and thus for ABC Lodging,

"2026_02 Vancouver BC -- ABC Lodging"

Then if I want the February 2026 Vancouver trip transactions, I simply use Find to find "2026_02 Vancouver BC," which will be unique.

There are other analysis options, such as exporting the data and filtering using a spreadsheet, and other data wrangling tools.

> On 07/27/2026 10:04 AM PDT Kalpesh Patel <kalpesh.patel at usa.net> wrote:
> 
>  
> Just want to get refresher in how someone would track all expenses -
> flights, boarding, individual tariffs, etc. -- related to a trip but without
> creating new account for it and later be able to generate a report per
> individual trip to see how much it was.
> 
>  
>


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list