[GNC] Best way to track expenses for trips

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 27 17:33:38 EDT 2026


The Transaction Report is probably the most powerful and versatile of 
any in the bunch. If another report can't provide what you want, that 
one might, or at least get you closer.

Particularly with respect to filtering, that is the one to use for now. 
If you need a P&L style layout though, you'll need to generate separate 
Income & Expense Transaction Reports, export to a spreadsheet or other 
app and finish massaging it there. (you can put all of those accounts on 
one Transaction Report, but you can't aggregate them the same way as a P&L)

Regards,
Adrien

On 7/27/26 3:34 PM, Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) wrote:
> I haven't found a use for the transaction report in my own bookkeeping
> so far, but I think I should give it another look.



More information about the gnucash-user mailing list