[GNC] Best way to track expenses for trips
Adrien Monteleone
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jul 28 20:53:43 EDT 2026
Correct, skip the Find. That was a dead end based on trying to use the
Action field.
Just do a Transaction Report and use the Options > Filter > Transaction
Filter and enter your target text.
Note, you can use either Descriptions, Notes (visible in Double-Line
Mode) or Memos, whatever floats your boat.
Regards,
Adrien
On 7/28/26 6:35 PM, Kalpesh Patel wrote:
> So I was giving a dry run at this using Description instead of Actions but looks like if I use Find to create a results register, I cannot run a Transaction Report that shows all transaction from the resulting register. It complains with report stating: No accounts selected; This report requires accounts to be selected in the report options. I am running older v4.14 GNC so it could be the issue. Would someone that has close to modern 5 series dry run and report if it works?
>
> Or am I totally off base in dry run and instead just use 'Filter' tab to specify 'Transaction Filter' in 'Transaction Report' and go from there? I was settling on using Actions to do such segregation but now looks like I may be out of luck using that method.
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list