[GNC] Help with column widths

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Wed Jun 3 15:51:52 EDT 2026


On 2026-06-03 12:29, Rhonda Anderson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I really need help.  I have effectively shrunk my right hand columns to
> where they have disappeared and I cannot stretch them out again.  I can't
> for the life of me understand how you shrink the columns.  I wanted to
> shrink the description column but it just kept getting bigger and shrinking
> my other right hand columns to the point where I cannot read them or
> stretch them out anymore.
>
> Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated!  I tried, I really
> tried to follow the directions, but the description column kept getting
> bigger.  Is there any way to go back to default column lengths?
>
> Thank you,
> Rhonda Anderson

Hello, Rhonda:

Have you re-read section 2.3.3. Account Register Window of the GnuCash 
Guide,
<https://lists.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/basics-interface1.html#basics-register2>?

There are specific instructions about the Description column (and the 
Balance column) there.

Best regards,
    —Jim DeLaHunt




More information about the gnucash-user mailing list