[GNC] 'End of Month' always sets Bill due date to end of *next* month
Wm Tarr
wm at ilipsis.net
Sat Oct 3 06:17:54 EDT 2026
I was never able to get End of Current Month to work when I was using
the business features. The word Proximo isn't commonly used here in the
UK but always uses the next month so it can't be that. So it has to be
Days which isn't going to work either. My use was on the sales side so
I just put the terms in text in the body which was OK for me as I never
had enough invoices I couldn't keep track of their due dates.
Anyway, I just had a play on a copy of an old book that used the
business features and I don't think you can do what you want to do so
perhaps you should revive the RFE?
P.S. here is some SQL to list invoice id and billing terms, let me know
if it does what you need
===
select id, name
from invoices, billterms
where billterms.guid = terms
===
Wm
On 2026-10-02 20:23, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I have several vendors where payment is due at the end of the current
> month of the date of their Bill to me. It doesn't matter what day of
> the month I select. The result is always that the Date Due is set to
> the end of the following month. (note, I found an old RFE to add this
> very behavior, but its status was still not closed:
> https://bugs.gnucash.org/show_bug.cgi?id=670215, so not sure if any
> action was taken, or just an oversight to close it.)
>
> I'm sure it is something I'm setting incorrectly, but I can't quite
> figure the culprit.
>
> This Billing Term is currently set as:
>
> Type: Days
> Due Days: 30
> Discount Days: 0
> Discount %: 0
>
> (Note, if I enter a bill dated the 7th, it doesn't set the Due Date
> 30-days hence. It sets it as the 30th of the *following* month, which
> I find odd on its own, especially since I also have Net30/60/90 terms
> defined with the same settings, and those work as expected--30/60/90
> days hence)
>
> I'm sure the Due Days setting is the culprit, but when I look at
> changing it from type:Days to type:Proximo, it gets more confusing:
>
> Due Day:?? (supposed to be the day of the month bill is due, but that
> isn't a static number)
> Discount Day & % aren't relevant to me here.
> Cutoff Day might, but I think I want it at '0' because I always want
> this to be the end of the 'current' month. (at least so far, but this
> would help if I have a case for 'end of next month' terms.)
>
> I did a trial setting Proximo, Due Day: 30 and Cutoff: -1, but that
> didn't work either.
>
> Ideas? Suggestions?
>
> -----
> Also, I tried to delete the Billing Term and re-create it, but it
> tells me it is in-use. There are no pending, non-paid documents using
> it, but I suppose it applies to any historical document. (not sure why
> since it is 'finished with') Unfortunately, I don't see a way to find
> *which* documents are using that Billing Term, so I have quite the
> haystack to sift through. (though perhaps some crafty 'find' on the
> XML file directly might do the trick)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list