[GNC] 'End of Month' always sets Bill due date to end of *next* month

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Oct 3 12:06:51 EDT 2026


Thanks Wm, I'll run that SQL on my personal book which is using SQLite. 
I'm sure I can decompress this business book's XML and craft a nifty 
grep to do the same.

Regards,
Adrien

On 10/3/26 05:17, Wm Tarr wrote:
> I was never able to get End of Current Month to work when I was using 
> the business features.  The word Proximo isn't commonly used here in the 
> UK but always uses the next month so it can't be that.  So it has to be 
> Days which isn't going to work either.  My use was on the sales side so 
> I just put the terms in text in the body which was OK for me as I never 
> had enough invoices I couldn't keep track of their due dates.
> 
> Anyway, I just had a play on a copy of an old book that used the 
> business features and I don't think you can do what you want to do so 
> perhaps you should revive the RFE?
> 
> P.S. here is some SQL to list invoice id and billing terms, let me know 
> if it does what you need
> 
> ===
> 
> select id, name
> 
> from invoices, billterms
> 
> where billterms.guid = terms
> 
> 
> 
> ===
> 
> Wm
> 
> On 2026-10-02 20:23, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
>> I have several vendors where payment is due at the end of the current 
>> month of the date of their Bill to me. It doesn't matter what day of 
>> the month I select. The result is always that the Date Due is set to 
>> the end of the following month. (note, I found an old RFE to add this 
>> very behavior, but its status was still not closed: https:// 
>> bugs.gnucash.org/show_bug.cgi?id=670215, so not sure if any action was 
>> taken, or just an oversight to close it.)
>>
>> I'm sure it is something I'm setting incorrectly, but I can't quite 
>> figure the culprit.
>>
>> This Billing Term is currently set as:
>>
>> Type: Days
>> Due Days: 30
>> Discount Days: 0
>> Discount %: 0
>>
>> (Note, if I enter a bill dated the 7th, it doesn't set the Due Date 
>> 30-days hence. It sets it as the 30th of the *following* month, which 
>> I find odd on its own, especially since I also have Net30/60/90 terms 
>> defined with the same settings, and those work as expected--30/60/90 
>> days hence)
>>
>> I'm sure the Due Days setting is the culprit, but when I look at 
>> changing it from type:Days to type:Proximo, it gets more confusing:
>>
>> Due Day:?? (supposed to be the day of the month bill is due, but that 
>> isn't a static number)
>> Discount Day & % aren't relevant to me here.
>> Cutoff Day might, but I think I want it at '0' because I always want 
>> this to be the end of the 'current' month. (at least so far, but this 
>> would help if I have a case for 'end of next month' terms.)
>>
>> I did a trial setting Proximo, Due Day: 30 and Cutoff: -1, but that 
>> didn't work either.
>>
>> Ideas? Suggestions?
>>
>> -----
>> Also, I tried to delete the Billing Term and re-create it, but it 
>> tells me it is in-use. There are no pending, non-paid documents using 
>> it, but I suppose it applies to any historical document. (not sure why 
>> since it is 'finished with') Unfortunately, I don't see a way to find 
>> *which* documents are using that Billing Term, so I have quite the 
>> haystack to sift through. (though perhaps some crafty 'find' on the 
>> XML file directly might do the trick)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adrien
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> gnucash-user mailing list
>> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
>> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>> -----
>> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.




More information about the gnucash-user mailing list