[GNC] How to add price source to GnuCash - India National, Pension Schemes NAV

Murugan Mariappan m.muruganandam at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:07:41 EDT 2026


Hi everyone,

I’ve completed the code for the price fetch functionality and it is now ready for testing.

I’d greatly appreciate it if some members of the community could give it a try and share feedback on any issues, improvements, or observations.

I would also welcome any help with getting this requested and tracked in the FQ project so that it can be considered for broader adoption.

Thank you to everyone who is willing to test and contribute feedback.




Saludos Cordiales


Murugan

________________________________
From: gnucash-user <gnucash-user-bounces+m.muruganandam=hotmail.com at gnucash.org> on behalf of Bruce Schuck <bschuck at asgard-systems.com>
Sent: 28 August 2026 15:15
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Cc: Kalpesh Patel <kalpesh.patel at usa.net>
Subject: Re: [GNC] How to add price source to GnuCash - India National, Pension Schemes NAV

On 8/28/26 02:43, Kalpesh Patel wrote:


> Bruce - I can write it up quickly. It doesn’t seem to have many
> moving parts. I was just waiting to see if it would be accepted in
> to F::Q project or not.


I'm prepping to release v1.71 soon, so any changes or additions won't be
added until after that. I also think that the URL
"https://npsnav.in/api/detailed/<symbol>" would be a better choice with
a few more data fields to extract. Other than that, K.I.S.S rules.


BTW - license notice I'd like to have in newer F::Q modules


#    This file is part of Finance::Quote.
#
#    Finance::Quote is free software: you can redistribute it and/or
#    modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
#    published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of
#    the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#    Finance::Quote is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
#    General Public License for more details.
#
#    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
#    along with Finance::Quote.
#    If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.


Bruce S
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
gnucash-user at gnucash.org
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: NPSNAV_Deployment_Guide.docx
Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
Size: 296519 bytes
Desc: NPSNAV_Deployment_Guide.docx
URL: <http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20260902/e7606ddd/attachment-0001.docx>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: NPSNAV.pm
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 5768 bytes
Desc: NPSNAV.pm
URL: <http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20260902/e7606ddd/attachment-0002.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Quote.pm
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 55585 bytes
Desc: Quote.pm
URL: <http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20260902/e7606ddd/attachment-0003.obj>


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list