Fwd: Gnucash Homepage sources for German redesign?

Herbert Thoma tma at iis.fhg.de
Fre Mar 21 11:22:37 CST 2003

Linas Vepstas schrieb:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 03:44:44PM +0100, Thomas Templin was heard to remark:

> [re german translation of www.gnucash.org]

> I am happy to host gnucash.org, for many reasons.

> > > I also see that the GNUCash web pages have already been
> > > translated into German by Herbert Thoma and he seems to be
> > > active
> > > (last modification on March 13).
>
> Herbert Thoma hosts his own translation, and I mirror it.  I would
> be much, much happier if his translation (or any translation)
> used the same PHP infrastructure as the main (english) pages.
> Herbert has never asked for my PHP sources, and I never suggested that
> he use them. I suspect that he does not want to put in the time
> and effort to translate the GnuCash website in full.

Hi!

My page was never intended to be a complete translation of the
english pages. It's just my personal way to tell the world
that GnuCash is there. I like GnuCach so much that I even send a
patch from time to time if I get enough spare time to work on it ...

I cannot convert my page to PHP, simply because my webhoster does
not provide PHP capabilities (or only at higher cost) and I don't
want to change my webhoster now.

If someone wants to take the effort of maintaining an exact german
translation of the english GnuCash pages, I am perfectly happy
with it. (But I would like a link from the main GnuCash site to
my page :-))

 Herbert.