saving of the gnucash files

Poldi Winkler poldiwinkler@ngi.de
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:16:09 +0200

Hi,
now I am using gnucash 1.4.2, I have compiled from gnucash-1.4.2.tar.gz
(without any problem, after I have installed successful with your help
the SuSE-RPM-file - 1.4.0).
But now I have the next problem.
I would like to save the gnucash-files (.log, .xac) in a special
directory and not in /home/username. When I try to save the files in
another directory I get the message (it is translated back from
German):
the file /.../.../gnukonto will be used probably by another user. If it
is wrong (and it is - I am the only user) please delete the .LCK file
and try it again.

I get the same message when I try to open example files. What can I do?

Another question. The Help is only in English and French - not in
German, is it?

Thanks in advance again

Poldi