saving of the gnucash files

Dave Peticolas peticola@krondo.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 14:17:46 -0700

Poldi Winkler writes:
> Hi,
> now I am using gnucash 1.4.2, I have compiled from gnucash-1.4.2.tar.gz
> (without any problem, after I have installed successful with your help
> the SuSE-RPM-file - 1.4.0).
> But now I have the next problem.
> I would like to save the gnucash-files (.log, .xac) in a special
> directory and not in /home/username. When I try to save the files in
> another directory I get the message (it is translated back from
> German):
> the file /.../.../gnukonto will be used probably by another user. If it
> is wrong (and it is - I am the only user) please delete the .LCK file
> and try it again.
>
> I get the same message when I try to open example files. What can I do?

This is a misleading error message -- it probably means that the
either the directory you specified does not exist, or you don't
have permission to create the lock file in the directory (this is
the case with the example files, most likely). Try copying the example
files to one of your own directories.

> Another question. The Help is only in English and French - not in
> German, is it?

That's correct.

dave