Memory leaks in 1.4.x

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:18:15 +1100

Rob Browning writes:
 > Robert Graham Merkel <rgmerk@mira.net> writes:
 >
 > > In the process of trying (unsuccessfully) to locate a (confirmed)
 > > crash in 1.4.x if you try and do a transaction report with a large
 > > number of transaction report, I've tracked down several memory leaks.
 > >
 > > They are by no means severe (we're talking only a few kilobytes here),
 > > but they should be fixed sooner or later.  However, as several of them
 > > were due to a problem with g-wrap, fixing them will require a new
 > > g-wrap release.
 > >
 > > How do you want to handle this?
 > >
 > > BTW, I know everyone's busy, but has anyone else had a chance to work
 > > on this bug?  It's confirmed, it's serious, and I'm having trouble
 > > tracking it down.
 >
 > What's the status on this?

The status is that the const-string fixes with 0.9.6 made it possible
to fix these problems.  I can send the patch to Dave whenever, but
it'd probably be best to delay doing the release until we have a good
g-wrap release (which I think we're now close to, aren't we?)

Thse aren't huge memory leaks - we're only talking a few kilobytes at
most, and appear to be unrelated to the crash you were mailing me
about.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net