Making a fancy main window like our competitor :)

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:11:45 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that Rob Browning said:

> Further, the current "chart of accounts" is not only not flexible, but
> it's arguably not even giving you correct information (Carol pointed
> out that the values there don't follow the accounting equation unless
> you mentially factor in income - expense as unrealized equity).

Hmm, maybe it should be fixed up to show this.  (that was kind-of the
intent of having the two sums at the bottom corner).  Maybe it should be
reorganized to look more like a balance-sheet report?

> For example, it might be a lot more useful to many people to have in
> the main window contain a few subtotals showing summary values for
> their overall finances, a few crucial stock quotes, and perhaps a set
> of links to their main account registers rather than a giant list of
> all their accounts.

And, I presume, clicking on account name in one of these windows brings
up the register for it?

--linas