gnc-scheme URLs (was: printing problems)

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:50:20 +1100

Glen Ditchfield writes:
 > On November 18, 2000 12:13 am, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
 > > Bill Gribble writes:
 > >  > ... which makes the HTML look sort of like what Linas was hoping it
 > >  > would:
 > >  >
 > >  >  <iframe src="gnc-scheme:(scheme-func-to-spew-html)">
 >
 > Then maybe somebody could implement a kio_gnc_scheme I/O handler, and then
 > konqueror and the rest of the KDE 2 tools could display could display this
 > stuff too.

That would be fine *except* that, if you saw the earlier part of
Bill's email, you'll know that we probably intend to use gtkhtml's
facilities to embed gtk objects within a web page.  Konqueror is
unlikely to support this ability - Qt objects maybe, gtk not likely :)

Additionally, unless you were porting gnucash to Qt, why would you *want* to do
this?  This is an honest question, BTW, not a flame.

 > On November 18, 2000 12:13 am, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
 > > ... I think panes will be better.  It's easier to provide a UI
 > > for configurability and we can probably lay things out a little more
 > > precisely.
 > >
 > > If anybody wants to disagree, however, feel free, and feel free *right
 > > now* before I do any more implementation :)
 >
 > HTML and CSS provide good enough layout for me.

Yes, but you can't dynamically create new panes, merge them back
together, and such with straight HTML.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.