Register window bugs gnucash-1.4.9

Ben Stanley bds02@uow.edu.au
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:48:55 +1100

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Ben Stanley writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've found some register window bugs in 1.4.9 (and previous versions)...
> >
> > I'm using the auto-double line mode.
> >
> > Text description items:
> >
> >   1. Enter lots of text, so that the text scrolls to display the cursor,
> >      into a note box of a journal entry. go away and select another box
> >      so that the text is displayed left aligned.
> >   2. You wish to edit some text at the end of the very long text in the
> >      text box. Click in the text box. Then cursor right so that the text
> >      scrolls. Now, mouse select some of the text that was shown by the
> >      scrolling.
> >   3. The text widget scrolls back to 0 offset and selects the wrong
> >      text.
>
> What version of gtk & gnome-libs are you using?

RedHat 7.0 intel

[root@dragon gnucash]# rpm -q gnome-libs
gnome-libs-1.2.4-11
[root@dragon gnucash]# rpm -q gtk+
gtk+-1.2.8-7

> > Account selection drop down box:
> >
> >   1. I seem to have come up with some rather long account names...
> >   2. The account selection drop down box fails to display a scroller.
> >      The only way to move up or down is to use the arrow keys.
> >   3. The drop down box appears to be clipped within the register frame
> >      area - that is, it is clipped by the scroll bar controlling the
> >      register table.
> >   4. Note that I don't seem to have any entries which touch the right
> >      hand side of the drop down box, so maybe the size is being
> >      calculated incorrectly?
>
> This should work better in gnucash-1.4.10.

Trying out 1.4.10:
I noticed that there is an account which touches the right hand side of the
box.
It seems that the most of the column widths are fixed - only the description
column changes its size. This means that the distance from the account column
to the right of the window area is constant.

I noticed that I could see the edge of a bevel around the drop-down menu, but
I still can't see the scroll bar!
My longest account name is

Superannuation:Colonial First State Superannuation Diversified Option

(Using this incredibly long name makes it easier to identify it when looking
up prices on a web site. I had gnc-prices working for a little while, and
then something broke, so I have to do it manually.)
Shortening this name has made the scroll bar visible again.

Perhaps the drop-down menu should be a top-level window instead of being
contained in the register scrolling area? But, I don't know how gtk works.
(had my head in mac programming recently...)

> dave

 Ben Stanley - PhD Student
 School of Information Technology and Building a bat-like sonar system for
 Computer Science                     mobile robot navigation.
 University of Wollongong             http://www.uow.edu.au/~bds02
 Australia                            bds02@uow.edu.au
 Get even with spammers - send your spam to http://spamcop.net !