QIF patch-o-the-day (supersedes previous patch)

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:40:42 -0600

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 05:22:51PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Name: Treas MM
> Currency: ISO4217:USD (US Dollar)
> Security: FUND:VMPXX (VMPXX) <- greyed out
> Code: 131
> Type: Bank
> Parent: Assets -> Vanguard

So the QIF importer originally created this account?  It looks very
strange: a Bank account shouldn't have a security (you couldn't create
one that did in the Gnucash UI).  I may be overly fuzzifying things if
I let a mutual fund account (or whatever VMPXX is) get created as a
Bank account.

> Name: Treas MM 2
> Currency: ISO4217:USD (US Dollar)
> Security: ISO4217:USD (US Dollar)  <- greyed out
> Code: 131
> Type: Bank
> Parent: Assets -> Vanguard

The security mismatch is why the accounts are incompatible.  I'm curious
why the second import wouldn't know that the security for this account is
VMPXX... any ideas?

b.g.