QIF patch-o-the-day (supersedes previous patch)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Feb 2001 17:57:29 -0500

grib@gnumatic.com (Bill Gribble) writes:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 05:33:29PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > One more problem: The duplicate-matcher dialog doesn't scroll.  This
> > means that if you have too many transactions than fit in the window,
> > there is no way to get down beyond the first window's worth to
> > actually try to match them up.
>
> Oops.  :)

:)

> > Also, the instructions mention a means to control the matching through
> > the QIF Import preferences option.
>
> "To be added".  I want to add options for the allowable date range,
> how much slop to tolerate in the amount, etc.

Fair enough. :)

> The quick summary of the duplicate matcher's functionality: the list
> on the left is a list of all transactions BEING IMPORTED that have
> duplicates in your Gnucash accounts.  The list on the right are
> transactions from your Gnucash accounts that match the selected
> transaction in the left box.
>
> If you select any transaction from the list on the right, the
> highlighted transaction on the left will not be imported. In the
> future, the selected transaction on the right will also be marked as
> cleared and I'll merge any new information about the xtn from the QIF
> file.  That's not done yet.

Got it.  The little 'star' that gets marked in the "dup" column is,
IMHO, not big enough.  A nice big checkmark would probably do much
better than the little star.

But it's really almost there....  Really, truly! :)