QIF patch-o-the-day (supersedes previous patch)

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:46:17 -0600

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 05:33:29PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> One more problem: The duplicate-matcher dialog doesn't scroll.  This
> means that if you have too many transactions than fit in the window,
> there is no way to get down beyond the first window's worth to
> actually try to match them up.

Oops.  :)

> Also, the instructions mention a means to control the matching through
> the QIF Import preferences option.

"To be added".  I want to add options for the allowable date range,
how much slop to tolerate in the amount, etc.

The quick summary of the duplicate matcher's functionality: the list
on the left is a list of all transactions BEING IMPORTED that have
duplicates in your Gnucash accounts.  The list on the right are
transactions from your Gnucash accounts that match the selected
transaction in the left box.

If you select any transaction from the list on the right, the
highlighted transaction on the left will not be imported. In the
future, the selected transaction on the right will also be marked as
cleared and I'll merge any new information about the xtn from the QIF
file.  That's not done yet.

b.g.