Image enabling gnucash?

Bakki Kudva bakki@navaco.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:42:27 -0500

teri wrote:

In its current state OCR seems to work only in very controlled
situations. eg. a warranty return card which you have control over and
you force the user to write into boxes, or neatly typed paper documents
which law firms use to do full text OCR and indexing etc. However free
form OCR from various qualities of underlying images is error prone and
the fix non-trivial. Even in production environments OCR finds use only
in some apps. I am afraid that the average home user has such a wide
variety of receipts and paperwork that you'd have to manually check OCR
results anyhow. You wouldn't want $80.00 entered as $8000 from a poor
original. Also some times the receipts don't have ALL the information.
You'd have to deduce where you bought something based on your own memory
since the cash register receipt may not have a merchant name or anything
on it.

my $0.02

bakki

--
  .-.    | Bakki Kudva__________________Open Source EDMS______
  oo|    | Navaco                       ph:  814-833-2592