A problem compiling 1.6.1 and 1.7

Duarte Loreto happyguy_pt@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:02:21 +0100

  Hi again!

> > I'm having a strange problem compiling 1.6.1 and also the current devel
> > branch.
> >
> > When compilation is almost at it's begining, I get an error about the
>file
> > /src/doc/design/version.texi not existing. I go to that directory and it
> > isn't there. But if I make a touch version.texi and try to compile
>again, it
> > goes after that...
> >
> > Should I have that file? Or is there any other strange thing going on on
>my
> > sources?
>
>That file is supposed to be in the distribution (I just checked to make
>sure it is). If you are compiling from CVS, it is supposed to be
>installed when you run autogen.sh.

Well... What I do is this...

I use the cvs to update my local branch (that resides on a FAT32
filesystem).

Copy the branch to /usr/local/src (ext2fs) and rename some files and dirs
that got broken due to the FAT32 (like accounts/c to accounts/C, authors to
AUTHORS)

Then I do this command sequence:
   *    ./autogen.sh
   *    ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome/
--use-glome-includes=/opt/gnome/includes --use-gnome-libs=/opt/gnome/libs
   *    make

And I get the version-texi error.

I remmember you (might help) that I'm running a Slackware that was installed
as devel and was upgraded to the newly released 8.0. The only software I
compiled and installed on this machine was stuff needed to get GnuCash 1.6
to compile (Guppi, gtkhtml, g-wrap, slib).

Hope this can shed some light... Hugs!

Duarte Loreto