gnucash 1.5.98 qif import

Kevin Finn kevinfinn@mediaone.net
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:39:32 -0500

"Leach, Chris J (Oakton)" wrote:

> It would be nice if moving parent moved the subtree.
> It would be nicer if the tree was presented and you could drag and drop
> subtrees

     It's been a while since I've imported from QIF, but I agree that it
would be nice to be able to drag-and-drop account in order to reorder
the hierarchy in the account tree window, even if you're not just
importing.  My original set of accounts were based on the MS Money
default categories that I started with years ago, some of which no
longer make any sense.  One of my "wish list" items for the next
development cycle would be to be able to re-arrange the account tree
more-or-less at will.

     I think the last time I tried,  changing an account's name didn't
update all of the accounts' transactions' splits in other accounts with
the new account name, although I haven't tried this in a while and so it
may work right now.

     While I'm thinking about it here are some other things that would
be nice for the future.  Some of these I don't have any idea how to do,
but I'd be willing to learn if no one else is already planning for them:

Wish list:
 - rearrange account hierarchies
 - book closing - my initial equity account that I started with when
   migrating over from MS Money doesn't mean much now, a year and a
   half hence.  I know there was some discussion about book closing
   on the list at one point but I don't know what the latest plan is.
 - startup and/or file load time - although I'm still using guile
   1.3.4, is the scheme performance on startup significantly improved
   with guile 1.4?  It was so painful to set up a development
   environment in the first place that I'm cautious about changing
   things if I don't need to :)  Also being able to close my books and
   scrub out transactions from past years would probably help the load
   time too.

     My apologies if it's too soon to start looking forward to the next
development cycle; I've been hanging onto a fairly involved set of
reconcile enhancements that I'm ready to send out.

--

Kevin Finn
kevinfinn@mediaone.net