Strange error while working on RPC backend

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
15 Mar 2001 12:17:15 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> Ok, in that case I'm not really sure what is going wrong.
> The xml error looks like some account is not really being
> destroyed, but other than that it's hard to tell.

I tracked this down a little further...  And you were actually close
to the problem.  This error is a result of the XML parser function
acc_restore_guid_end_handler() returning FALSE, due to this code:

  if(xaccAccountLookup(&gid)) {
    return(FALSE);
  }

At least, this is what is causing the 'CRITICAL' assertion failure.
So, the question is: why is the account database not being destroyed
properly as a part of gnc_book_destroy()?  Is there a test function
that can print out the object-cache?

There is a secondary issue here which means that my current model of
using the engine as the RPC server wont work right because of overlaps
between 'global' data and 'stored' data.  Granted, this isn't
necessarily an issue with RPC per se, just the fact that I'm using the
engine in the server.