feature suggestion

dingman@cs.earlham.edu dingman@cs.earlham.edu
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:19:17 -0500

Hi, all-
=09I know you're all busy with lots of things that may be more important,=
=20
but one feature I'd really love to see in the next release of Gnucash=20
would be the ability to attach scanned images of my receipts to gnucash=20
transactions. Directly acquiring the image from within Gnucash through=20
a call to xscanimage or such would be very convenient. This is probably=20
a feature that home users would be more interested in than businesses,=20
at a guess, but hey, that's what I am.
 =09When I kept paper records instead of using Gnucash, I tried to staple=
=20
my receipts to the apropriate statements when they arrived. It seems=20
like bad record keeping to throw away my only proof that I actually=20
made the purchases, but like many people my ability to keep track of=20
little bits of paper is so limitted that I might as well be throwing=20
them away right now.
=09I'm not subscribed to this list, so if you have responses you want me=20
to read, you'll need to cc me or wait for me to get around to reading=20
the list archive.

TIA, even if you just shrug and ignore me ;)

-Andrew Dingman