Electric Fence?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Nov 2001 22:32:22 -0500

Has anyone (else) recently tried using Electric Fence to
debug memory problems with Gnucash?  I just tried, and it
ran out of memory on my 256M linux box, even with 500M
of swap.  EF, with no EF vars set, gave me an mmap() failed
error (exit code 0377) as it was trying to bring up the
main window.

So, has anyone else tried using EF to debug Gnucash?  I
think there is a memory corruption problem, but I can't
tell if it's my code, gnome/gtk, or Gnucash in general.
Basically, the bug I'm seeing is that a bug of GtkWidgets
are getting corrupted in one of my dialog windows.  I'm
expecting it's a bug in my own code, but I'm having trouble
tracking it down (let alone reproducing it).

I'm currently building on a Sparc/Solaris box so I can
attempt to use purify, hoping that will help.  I'll definitely
let you know, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried?