Test report: Scheduled Transactions

Tim Wunder twunder@iwmail.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:53:31 -0400

Josh Sled wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 12:49:35PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> | Richard -Gilligan- Uschold <uschold@cs.ucf.edu> writes:
>
> | Agreed.  I'd like to be able to have gnucash determine the principal
> | and interest amounts for me, so I don't have to.  In particular, I
> | _always_ pay-down my mortgage.  I don't want to have to think about
> | the amount of principal/interest for each payment; that's what
> | computers are for!
>
> The current SX stuff contains support for ad-hoc variables and simple
> formulas  [+-/*()]; when entered into the credit/debit cells, they will
> be brought out as vars to be bound in the SX-creation druid.

Can I get the current balance of an account as a variable? Say, to get
the current principal balance of a loan for calculating interest for a
loan. The SX would look like:
         Acct		Deposit		Withdrawal
	Checking:			$1000.00=<pmt>
	Interest:	<loan principal>*.06/12=<int>
	Escrow:		$244.64=<escr>

<pmt> and <escr> are fixed and manually entered, the rest gets calculated.

Is that possible?

Tim