Test report: Scheduled Transactions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
23 Oct 2001 16:02:32 -0400

"James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:

> Personally, I'm not concerned that the numbers in such a computed
> transaction come out exactly as the banks. As it is, I haven't been
> able to get any calculations to come out the same as theirs. As long
> as it is close, there can be a manual adjustment at the end of each
> accounting period.

Ahh, well, you see, I do have the math that (generally) works ;) At
least, I currently have some perl code that will give me the same
answers as a number of online mortgage calculators, which also happens
to match what my mortgage lender says.  So, all in all, it appears to
be pretty close to "right".  Sure, it may be a few cents off on a
30-year fixed mortgage, but that's not too bad (IMHO).