Test report: Scheduled Transactions

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:02:41 +0000

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Richard -Gilligan- Uschold <uschold@cs.ucf.edu> writes:
>
> > We don't need any hidden accounts.
> >
> > I have been emulating this functionality for the last year or so.  I have
> > three accounts: the loan principle, mortgage escrow, and interest payments.
> > The principle is a liability account, the escrow is a bank account, and the
> > interest is an expense account.
>
> The reason I said "hidden" accounts is that these three accounts are,
> for all intents and purposes, tied together in a single mortgage.  It
> really doesn't make sense to be able to separate them, at least in my
> mind.

I still don't like the word "hidden"  These accounts need to be accessible from
the account tree in the usual ways.
The interest account has to be accessible from the Expenses:Tax Deductible tree
for doing tax reports.
The principal and mortgage escrow have to be in their respective Liabilities or
Assets trees to generate nwt worth reports, etc.
Also, the escrow account needs to be directly accessible to the user to enter the
insurance / real estate taxes expense transaction once a year.

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO