scheduled transaction testing

Aaron Peromsik aperomsik@mail.com
23 Oct 2001 22:47:49 -0400

gnucash-devel-request@lists.gnumatic.com writes:
g> Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:31:32 -0700
g> From: Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org>
g>
g> On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:17:14PM -0400, Tim Wunder wrote:
g>
g> | know this, but I gotta say it, anyway, if there are none, don't present the
g> | dialog.
g>
g> Indeed; this is a freshly-implemented dialog, and I didn't have time to
g> complete it fully over the weekend.  There's also some question about
g> the best way to go about that; should it just not show those dialogs at
g> all, or maybe tell the user up-front that "there's nothing relevant for
g> the following stages of this dialog, so we'll skip them".  I'm all about
g> consistency so people can build mental maps and models, so simply dropping
g> the pages worries me a bit.

I'm all for skipping dialogs which have nothing to offer me,
especially on startup. I don't think that's inconsistent. When the
date of the transaction rolls around I'll see the dialog and be happy
about it... until then, don't bother me!

I haven't updated my CVS tree in a few months... maybe after I get
around to upgrading Mandrake I'll get around to a little more testing.

Have fun,
Aaron Peromsik         |  For thinner oatmeal, add more water.
peromsik@erols.com     |  For thicker oatmeal, add less water.