XML size (was: no subject)

Thomas Spahni tsp@lawbiz.ch
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:34:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Rob Browning wrote:

> > I, for one, would support work to put a good binary file format back
> > into gnucash.
>
> I'd rather see that effort put into investigating the use of
> sqlite/postgres as the only backend.  Since we can now easily run a
> dedicated postgres in a local sandbox if we want to, that makes things
> a lot easier.

Linas, Rob

I would like to see the SQL backend opened to allow a users choice for the
database package. My personal preference is MySQL.

I know that there was a discussion about using MySQL a long time ago but
in the meantime MySQL has got transactions (for certain table types) and
is extremely stable.

Thomas Spahni