Tracking insurance claims/medical info

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 Apr 2002 16:05:43 -0400

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:32:10PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Sounds like a job for a co-resident Database, where multiple
>
> I'm not familiar with the term "co-resident database."  What does it
> mean? To me the structure of the problem seems more like one where
> there might be several databases (gnucash's being one) and you want
> the transaction to span the databases.

What I meant was a single database that is used by multiple
applications, where they (may) share tables.  The term is something I
pulled out of my butt, and has no relation to anything in reality.  My
appologies for being confusing.

In other words, your medical application would insert data into the
Gnucash transaction list, etc.

> > Some of this might be doable with the Invoice and Lot handling that
> > is/will-be in CVS.
>
> Is there a description of that anywhere?

Read the gnucash-devel logs for the last 6 months.