Tagging additional values on transactions

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 22:07:59 +1000

[Please CC any replies, thanks]

As is the case probably in other countries, but when you get dividends on
shares here there is another figure called a Franking Credit. It's not money
in any sense but you put it on your tax return so you pay less tax. Since
GnuCash is a financial program it would be nice if it could keep track of
these figures also instead of me digging them up.

I guess it's related to storing tax amounts for businesses.

Anyway, since each split is stored as a list of values, how hard would it be
to add a new value and have it displayed in the output screen and be allowed
to edit it and such?

Thanks