gnucash data file incompatibility? (was: Re: 2 versions of g-wrap on one system)

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:51:16 +0200

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Note that if you start using gnucash-cvs features and save your data
> you will NOT be able to re-load that data into gnucash-1.6.
> Similarly, there may be some issues with the gnucash 'config' file
> with similar results.  However, IMHO, cvs is worth it :)

Huh? Is it really true that any CVS-HEAD-saved data file can't ever be
loaded into 1.6 again? Would that mean that we have a new data format
version which is non-backwards-compatible? Or what was the problem again?

Christian