[linas@linas.org: Re: You appear to have a virus]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 19:39:24 -0500

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

Please excuse this email, but ....

Some virus out there is sending other viruses out to random people,=20
using my email as the 'from' address.  But if you look at the email
headers carefully, you will see that its not from me, and that its
from someplace in russia or arzebaijan or something like that.=20

Just because your email client says the email is from me ... well,
it might not be.  Check the headers, don't execute the attachments.

I know I'm not the only victim of this; I've been getting a lot
of spam recently that appears to come from valid linux addresses,
including some bombs purportedly from Alan Cox himself!   =20

(By freak accident, gnucash-patches got nailed with one of these.=20
Now, what are the chances of that?)

--linas

p.s. yes, I'll try working on spam filters real soon now.

--=20
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>
PGP Key fingerprint =3D 8305 2521 6000 0B5E 8984  3F54 64A9 9A82 0104 5933

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--