Minor feature suggestions

Rainer Dorsch rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon, 20 May 2002 23:16:18 +0200

Dear developers,

recently I was showing the gnucash package to my dad and after a while, he
was sitting very happy in for of a linux pc, asking questions and making
notes. It seems that this was the first time, he was extremely happy with the
linux machine.

Thanks for providing such an excellent package.  I would like to contribute
back in this email, which features he was asking for and were not yet
available in gnucash. I think these are in fact only minor things! There is
one feature, I want to code myself (see below)

- I saw in the mailing list, that some developers are working on scheduled
transactions. With this the first feature (and most comprehensive) is
probably relatively easy to build. He wanted to enter an interest rate per
account and wanted gnucash to predict the interest transactions
automatically. If someone looks into that, please take into account, that the
payment might be done on a different account.

- In the "Account Summary", it is not possible to select that the description
field of the accounts is printed

- In  the  "Accounts" window, the total value of each account is printed. But
the user has maybe already entered future transactions and wants to display
the current value of the accounts (should at least be an option)

- In the "Get Quotes" functionality, I may work myself. If seems that many
funds are not available there (e.g. dwstrust funds). The amazing thing for me
is that the Finance::Quote modul (version 1.0.6) has support, but gnucash
does not have, although it is claimed that gnucash is using finance::quote. I
am scanning the mailing list archive, before I am starting to ask more
detailed questions.

Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Rainer

--