Updated window-register [gnc-split-reg]; please test.

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
05 Nov 2002 01:42:25 -0800

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 23:57, Josh Sled wrote:
> I've moved about half of the lines of window-register.c into
> gnc-split-reg.c.  I've done something similar once before, but I never
> removed the lines from window-register.c ... this does the seperation a
> bit more cleanly, and _does_ remove those lines.
>
> window-register is now implemented in terms of a gnc-split-reg widget, which
> provides the GnucashRegister sheet, menu/toolbar/summarybar/popup and all
> basic editing functionality.  The window-register is now responsible for
> only the functionlity it adds, such as the date-based range limitation,
> transfers, reconciliation, scrubbing, &c.  The SX-related uses of the
> register now use gnc-split-reg instead of gnc-regWidget.
>
> I took some care to make the split clean, but it was a long and painful
> process.  Please exercise the register as fully as you have time to do,
> and any bugs that come up can hopefully be addressed before the beta
> next weekend.  There are still some known issues [see the list at the
> top of gnc-split-reg.c], but almost everything that was working before
> this commit should work identically afterwards.

Ok I think I've discovered a bug with this, the CVS version I compiled
today at around 3:30pm PST not longer has popup list functionality.
I describe this more fully in Gnome Bug #97713

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit