gtk2 for gnucash?

Martin Klaffenboeck martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:44:58 +0100

Am 2002.11.06 21:26 schrieb(en) Derek Atkins:
> I think it probably depends on the magnitude of the changes.
> Considering
> 1.8.0 is currently planned for 1 month from now, I don't think that
> holding up patches for a month is all that horrendous.  OTOH, if the
> changes are small enough and backwards compatible, putting them in the
> 1.8 tree might not be out of the question.

Ok, I think I can wait for one month.  I think a big change to gnome2
will be that there the clist widget will be obsolete and we use
GtkTreeView here for for lists and trees.  And the GtkTree and GtkList
things are very different to the GtkCList, even in the structure it
helds the data.  But once GtkTreeView will be used, everything will be
easyer than it was in GtkCList...

(Just a little introduction for porting...)

Martin