gnucash-docs

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
26 Nov 2002 16:35:56 -0800

Hi,
This email is to anyone who has contributed docs to GnuCash. I have been
busy writing a new set of documentation for GnuCash 1.8. As part of this
I disabled the old documentation from being made as part of GnuCash and
moved the new documents into a separate CVS module called gnucash-docs.

The new docs consist of a help module which is mainly how to do things
and the documents written by Carol Champagne which I shall edit and
include as a GnuCash Tutorial and Concepts guide. Both of these
documents are written under the GNU Free Documentation License.

As the old docs are under the GPL and I referred to them and included
some (less than 10%) in writing the help I am now notifying old document
authors of this usage and my intention to relicense the parts included
as FDL. I would like any of you who object to this relicensing to email
me directly and inform me that you wish your document to stay as GPL. If
you could also do this before about mid-dec and tell me what the part
was that you wrote I can remove it if included from the new docs.

As I need to have a reply soon to include the docs in the GnuCash 1.8
release, I will take a non-reply to this email as assent for the change.
Please bear in mind that the majority of the documentation is newly
written, so your docs may not be included. The following is a list of
the parts of the manual copied and edited into the new docs;

Price Editor
Commodity Editor
Account Types
Chart of Accounts
Share Prices
Print Checks
Reports
Tax Options

Chris Lyttle
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit