Glossary definition of "Scheduled Transaction"

Tim Wunder tim@thewunders.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:03:50 -0400

On 10/22/2002 8:57 AM, someone claiming to be Christian Stimming wrote:
> Nigel Titley wrote:
>
>> Purely in the interest of correcting the english.
>

> That's absolutely great -- the better the english, the better the
> translations.
>

>> "A transaction or reminder that can be automatically executed at a
>> specific time, either once or several times, at regular intervals."
>

> As a translator I'd ask 'so what is it? A transaction or a reminder? And
> what is a reminder, anyway (this term is not used anywhere in gnucash)?'
> Therefore I'd rather say
>
> "A transaction or reminder of a transaction that can be automatically
> executed at a specific time, either once or several times, at regular
> intervals."

I don't see what's so unclear about simply using "reminder", but whatever. This works for me. Unless you think "A transaction or transaction reminder that can be..." flows a little better.

Regards,
Tim