Postgresql/SQL back-end

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
12 Sep 2002 22:02:55 -0500

--=-EM8CmE7WVe1W4SJICZU+

Is there any documentation available WRT the SQL interface and
Postgresql back-end?  Perhaps a little more than is available in the
docs?  I'd like to poke at it a little and see if it's something I could
get polished up, but I hate to start from scratch if there is some docs
hanging around (perhaps someone's notes or something...).

Some sort of description/diagram of the database entities would be
handy, too, if there is one available.  Last time I looked at the SQL
stuff, it created many different tables, which was difficult to wade
through without docs.  An ERD maybe?  (well I can dream, can't I!!).=20
Any design documents at all would be helpful.

Also I am wondering if the system architecture diagrams/info is up to
date.  The Web site still refers to the File I/O as being binary but
soon-to-be deprecated, but the current version uses XML...

Is there a description of the engine API, or the interface between
GnuCash and the selected back-end?  I saw the gnc-engine-api.h, but
something a little more explanatory would be nice, if it exists.

I'd poke around a little more, but I keep getting a timeout while
connecting to www.gnucash.org.

Thanks,

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-EM8CmE7WVe1W4SJICZU+

--=-EM8CmE7WVe1W4SJICZU+--